Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Meal Hell.

It's no secret that Emma won't eat.  For a kid that won't eat, she looks pretty damn healthy and is her appropriate weight and height for her age.  Don't ask me, I have no idea.   She only has one food group she eats.  Fried.  Make that two food groups.  Fried and Pop Tarts.  I know it's not healthy, but my brother was the same way and lived on the crispy coating off of chicken and grilled cheese for 20 years.  He's fine.  Somehow she's getting what she needs and occasionally I'll actually talk her into a Flintstone vitamin.    I'm such a good Mom.  Unless you talk to the people that work at the McDonald's here in town...who see me almost every day at the drive thru.  I think they might vote me "Worst Mom on the PLANET".   I told Emma that the McDonald's people were going to think I'm a bad mom for feeding her McNuggets so much.  She said "No mom...they all like you.  I KNOW they do....I want an Orange Drink too".

Today I cleaned Emma's room.  The sheer volume of Happy Meal paraphernalia was overwhelming.   Bears, ponies, pandas, cats, dogs, rabbits, surfing roosters, giant eyed pets of all types.  It just didn't STOP!   They were everywhere.  Under the bed, in the bed, in shoes, in the dresser, on the dresser, in the bookcase, in the TV stand, in the closet, in the toy cabinet, behind the closet door.  There were crowns, necklaces, bracelets, tiny guitars that played music, and a lumpy looking guy that farts when you pull his arm down.  What the HELL.  (I do like to call people and just pull that guy's arm down to make him fart in the phone).  Then there are lots of WEIRD dolls.  Pollys, weird looking Japanime purple haired dolls, other dolls that have large heads and lots of red hair.  And the bad part is....there are doubles and triples of some of this weird shit!

So I sorted and categorized and by the end of the day....she'll have it all spread evenly all over the house again like it was this morning.  That farting guy is cool though...and who doesn't love a surfing rooster?  Emma's healthy...I have a farting lumpy guy...the room is clean for 20 minutes.  Life is good.

No comments: