Thursday, May 29, 2008

Big Idea #7864

Okay, okay...listen to this....so I'm broke, right? I've been trying to come up with BRILLIANT (insert trumpet fanfare here) ideas to make money. I'm fairly talented artistically, but I'm either A. SLOW B. UNINSPIRED C. BORED. (Are C and B the same?). I used to make polymer beads and sell them on Ebay. They were pretty popular, but you have to make a lot of teeny tiny bears and flowers before you really make any money. The last thing I want to do at the end of a day of brain and back surgery discussions is to come home and make teeny tiny bear eyes.

I also tried colored pencil portraits of children. Never actually sold one...because I could never get past doing my own kids. They take FOREVER to complete and while I'm sort of good at it, they'd be moving my stuff out to the curb while I sharpened pencils and said "WAIT, I think I can finish this and sell it so I can make the house payment!"

Recently, I went and photographed a baseball game for a friend of mine. It was his son's first T-ball game and so I showed up and just took pictures constantly during the game. They turned out pretty good...I have a BEASTY camera (meaning...it's WONDERFUL). I wonder if people would pay...like money....to have events photographed. Not FANCY stuff...like a wedding, but birthday's and ball games and school things. Then parents could actually WATCH the event rather than try to figure out how to get the lens cap off the camera or shoot glares at each other because SOMEONE didn't BRING the camera.
I've always appreciated what I think are good pictures. I would be willing to pay me. Not a lot mind you...but if I spend an hour at a base ball game and each parent pays me 10 dollars to photograph their kid, action shots, stills, etc. and then I put them on a website and charge them PER PICTURE...are you following me? I already have the equipment and a little talent...maybe.
So I thought I'd put together some sort of brochure. I never have the self confidence to actually do this stuff because I'm so sure someone will say "OH THAT'S JUST DUMB". So feel free to make a comment if you want to let me know what you think. Don't be mean or I'll just moderate your comment to that comment trash bin in cyber space.
Maybe I'm back to making little teeny bear eyes.

1 comment:

sharonj1017 said...

I think that's a great idea!!! I'm sure you'd get a ton of business! Good luck!