Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hairspray...and not the musical

Two words. Ballet recital. I actually had to go and buy HAIR. Who buys hair for a four year old...ME...and about 20 of my fellow moms at the ballet studio, that's who. The Hair Club for Four Year Olds.

If you've ever tried to put a four year old girl's hair up in a proper ballet "bun" you'll know that it's like putting smoke in your pocket. It just doesn't stay IN. We had recital pictures last week and my daughter had to have her hair up for pictures. Pictures were at 2:35. I set up in the kitchen with a 55 gallon drum of the strongest hair spray I could find, pony tail holders, hair pins and other miscellaneous brick-a-brack at 1:30. She started out skipping into the kitchen singing "we're gonna do my HA-AIR!" and ended up screaming "STOP I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!" I could have stood the kid out in Hurricane Katrina and only her bangs would have stirred...and just SLIGHTLY. I had the ring of curls all twisty-spray-clipped in and by the time she was done the effect wasn't too bad.

I'm still chipping the hairspray off the kitchen counter...as well as her forehead.

No comments: