Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I think I scared someone.

I called my family physician's office today. I thought that the past weekend had been hormonally alarming enough that perhaps I should seek "better living through chemistry" and get myself on some replacement therapy. I also thought this might be a good idea because I offered to open the mail today at work and they were a little nervous about letting me use the letter opener.

Usually when you call my primary's office they say something like..."mmmm...welll....you could come in Monday at 11:02 in June of 2011...but we'll be working you in so be prepared to wait".

Today I said "Hey...this is Chris... I'm growing hair in places I shouldn't and I want to strangle everyone I see and I think I need some Premarin...do I need to see the doctor or can you just call me some in?"

Dead air. "Actually...I think you better come and see the doctor"

"You know I'm kidding about the strangling people"

"Let me see what I have....really about the hair though?"

"Well...just on my chest...but I really don't want to strangle people. Maybe just kill them"

(Insert weak laugh here) "Ummmmm...."

"No, actually I'm just kidding..except about the hair...and I'm pretty moody...and no one will let me have sharp objects since the weekend"

"okay...I think..."

"NO REALLY...I'm just kidding. Except about the hair part....what do you have available...two, three weeks out?"

"How about this Friday??"

"Like this Friday? Like day after tomorrow? Like I would actually see the doctor that day?"

"Yes."

"Um. Okay. Yeah. Good! GOOD! I'll be there!"

So okay..do you think I scared her with the strangling or the killing part? Or is that sort of the same? Honestly...I didn't mean it.

I think it was the hair...I mean...shit...it scares ME.

No comments: