Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Health Department?

Emma eats nothing. Her food groups consist of Nutragrain bars, chicken nuggets (only certain kinds), grilled cheese and on a really good day...pancakes. Occasionally, she'll eat fishsticks, but only at school where the peer pressure is high.

So yesterday, I picked her up from school and on her daily sheet, it said she'd eaten BOLOGNA and CHEESE. What the hell. She was all excited to show me what she'd made in school that day (a BEAK) because they are studying BIRDS. Probably frozen footless birds, but I digress. Anyway, I said "so you ate bologna and cheese today?". "YEP!!!" I'm doubtful at this point because if I even drive my cart by the bologna in the grocery store she starts to twitch because it's ICKY FOOD.

I thought I'd quiz her about the situation. "So, what color is bologna?" She said "I took it off the bread!". "But what COLOR is it." She paused for a moment and said triumphantly "BLUE!!!!". "Sweetie if the bologna is blue, DON'T EAT IT"! She thought for a minute and said "It was RED!!!". I said "Honey, bologna should be PINK". She thought again for a second and said "I think I ate the bologna....maybe I didn't eat it." I said "If I buy you bologna, will you eat it at home?" Again...the pause for thought...."I'd THINK about it." "What do you want for dinner tonight?" NO pause this time "CHICKEN AND FRIES!!" aka...McDonalds.

So the world's worst mother drove directly to the "House of Ron" and ordered the standard six piece and a medium fry. For Pete's sake...the kid had blue bologna for lunch, I had to get her something GOOD for dinner!

No comments: