Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ballet - year two

Emma started her second year of ballet today. She had no idea that class started today because had I mentioned it earlier to her, she would have been like a cat clinging to a screen door wanting to get to class. She LOVES ballet. She attended class last year too but when it got down to the recital there were some "issues" that caused me to hesitate about participating. We were all ready. Bought the required 65 dollar bumble bee costume and the special tights and shoes. But as it turns out, the recital is two days in a row and is over FOUR HOURS LONG both days. NOPE. Not this mama! So now we have a 65 dollar , bumble bee costume for Halloween which will then be making it's grand appearance on Ebay for your consideration.

This morning I said "Em...ballet is today" and before that last vowel cleared my lips she was a blur running by me to get her slippers. She was FRANTIC. "We got to get dressed, where's my shoes, I have to go PEE!!!" We finally got it all together, hair up, tights on, cute little pink thing on and were on our way. The parents aren't allowed in the classroom for ballet. We sit in the waiting area and have our own little Parent Therapy Session. It's the best part of the whole deal! It's incredibly comforting to know that your child is not the only child who has only eaten chicken nuggets for 3 consecutive years and probably has a cholesterol of 400. We have discussions about mind boggling issues like: Which is better...the Wiggles in concert or Finding Nemo on Ice. (By the way that was a toss up). I know at the end of the class, Emma is always sad that it's over because she loves it so much....I'm sad it's over too...because I know I won't get reassurance for another week that I'm not causing severe mental and physical issues with this child by being her mother.

No comments: