Tuesday, September 4, 2007

She already knows how to deal with men

Yesterday, Emma went to my parents house for a playdate with my nephew, Sean. Nice of them to give my brother and his wife and Joe and myself some time to do something "sans kids". Emma and Sean ADORE each other. He's seven and they have a ball together. ANYWAY...Dad decided to take them to the village park. When it was time to leave the park, Emma had one of her meltdowns. Arm-flailin-screamin-leg-kickin high speed come apart. So, Dad had to give her a swat on the bottom. They went home and Emma of course was still weeping. Dad told Mom what happened and he felt just terrible for having to have swatted her behind. Mom talked to Emma and explained to her that she had to listen to Poppie. She told Emma that she should tell Poppie that she was sorry. Emma avoided it for as long as she could, but finally gave my Dad a hug and told him that she was sorry. Then she looked at him with huge tear filled blue eyes and said "Please don't make me cry again". And that was it. He melted into a pile of grandfather goo. She'll be good with her husband someday. She already knows what she has to do.

No comments: