Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day four of captivity

All right, I've had it. I've been sitting around since the surgery and I'm officially climbing the walls. I ate POP TARTS for breakfast!! I never eat pop tarts! I've got to get back to work before before I start eyeing up the Lucky Charms. The dogs were really disappointed by the whole Pop Tart incident. When Emma eats them, she won't eat the "crust" so she is constantly flipping bits of "pastry" to the poms. Well I ate those babies CRUST AND ALL. Very disappointed dogs.

I'm watching too much day time television too...which is like Pop Tarts for your brain. I can find almost nothing of redeeming value on daytime TV. Occasionally, I can find something nerdy on Discovery, but it doesn't get much better than maybe....mmm...chocolate chip granola bars for the brain.

You know I dream of days like this when I'm at work. No responsibility of cleaning or cooking. I thought that maybe I'd teach Frosty some tricks, but there is some sort of Pomeranian Sleep Law that says that no one must disturb said Pomeranians unless there is food or possibly something to bark at. So Frosty is passed out in the big puffy chair with just her tail showing from under a pillow. I predict no big obedience breakthroughs today.

I guess I could take a nap, but I've always been one of those people that feels that they are going to miss something really important if I take a nap. I don't know what that really important thing would be. I caught sight of myself in mirror a little bit ago (shudder). It's pretty horrifying. Very high on the "hag-o-meter". Almost off the chart. I think that will be a project for the afternoon. I can get all cleaned up and get dinner going and be all perky for when my hubby gets home from work. Isn't that the way that women did it in the 60's? Have a nice meal ready, take off his shoes, give him the newspaper, keep the kids quiet?

Right...I'll be lying on the sofa with a pomeranian on me, watching Hollywood Insider and eating Ho-Ho's.

No comments: