Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Greg is home from the hospital.

Greg came home last night. We decided to have him stay at my Mom and Dad's so that they can keep an eye on him while his father and I are work. (That was my idea...aren't I smart?) So his dad delivered him straight from the hospital to their home last night. They have a small mother in law's residence attached to their home and my Dad had it all decked out for Greg. Dad is so excited. He loves taking care of people and everyone is darn grateful that Greg is alive. I've been told over and over again that this accident could have easily killed him. I can't go there. Too scary to think about.

So I went up to my parent's last night and got him all tucked in. Showered, dressings changed, TV clicker in hand, cell phone charging. Emma was not as freaked out as I thought she'd be when she saw all of his wounds. Most of them are covered with gauze wrap, so he looks a little mummy-like. She checked him out from top to bottom and was fascinated with his crutches. Then she drew a picture of a bowl of soup for him.....she said soup makes it all better.

No comments: